Press Statement on Waiver and Extension of Licenses Payment Deadline
9TH APRIL 2021
Due to the surge of the deadly Covid-19 and the adverse effects the pandemic has had on the economy, the County Government of Kirinyaga in a bid to cushion the business community is hereby waiving penalties and lowering license fees as follows:
1. 100% waiver of fees for persons applying for Medical Certificates working the hospitality industry.
2. 100% waiver of accumulated interest and penalties on land rates, property rates and rent for 30 days starting from 15th April, 2021.
3. Extension of payment deadline for single business permits and liquor licenses to 15th May, 2021.
4. 100% waiver of Matatu parking fees for the month of April, 2021 for PSV operators registered with the County Government of Kirinyaga.
5. 100% waiver of market access fees for 30 days starting from 15th April, 2021.
6. 25% waiver on liquor license fees for the year 2021.
7. 25% waiver on single business permits for the year 2021.
The war against the corona virus is still on. As such, I urge all Kirinyaga residents to continue observing the laid down Ministry of Health prevention guidelines which include proper wearing of masks whenever in public, avoiding crowded places, keeping social distance and washing hands or sanitizing as required.